bleak mind

Friday, May 2, 2008

IRINUMAN PA!!!! more beers!


I m sleepy... I could not work.... I could not write anything... I could not think of anything to write....Mahinguragan naman ako kay TL.

Last night, I had a good ( a bit good and a bit bad....but it could qualify as good ) conversation with a friend. It made me realize something. That I should give myself a break.... Enjoy life.... and do whatever I like. We, have few Redhorse in front of us. A bit of talking and sip. But as time passes, we were talking about things that actually make sense and it made us drink more. It did not took us so long and we just noticed that we already finished the one bucket of Redhorse. So we headed home by then.

After that I asked my friend just near my brother's house for another drinking session...drinking session pati. We bought matador ( hahahaha...CAMEL gayud ako). My friend told me, that I am alcoholic. So i searche about alcoholism and I want to share it with you....(TAGAY PA!) Thanks to Cleveland Clinic Center for Consumer Health Information.

What is alcoholism?
Alcoholism is a disease in which a person drinks alcohol even though drinking hurts his or her life. Alcoholics often find that they have problems with people close to them, with school or work, and with other parts of their lives.

Alcoholism can happen after a month or years of drinking. It is a disease that gets worse the more the person keeps drinking. Without treatment, it can destroy both emotional and physical health and can lead to death.

Alcoholism is often called a family disease because it hurts the lives of family members and others who are close to the alcoholic. For the alcoholic to get well, family members often must take part in treatment.

People with alcoholism:

What are the symptoms of alcoholism?
Symptoms are different for each person. Just a few, or nearly all, of the following symptoms may be present:

Early stages

Middle to late stages

Late stages

What causes alcoholism?
There is no single cause for alcoholism. A person's emotions, physical health, and upbringing can all play a part. Alcoholism runs in families, which suggests it may have a genetic cause.

An individual may also drink to get over difficult feelings or emotions caused by a treatable illness. Others may drink to lessen feelings of guilt, loneliness, or confusion.

How can I know if I am an alcoholic?
A person trained in treating alcoholism can tell if you or someone you care about is an alcoholic. This person may ask a series of questions. This information is also used to select the best treatment, if needed.

How is alcoholism treated?
Treatment for alcoholism can be different for each person. If the person has a serious physical illness due to the alcohol, he or she must get medical care right away.

Treatment often begins with "detox," or detoxification, which is the body's withdrawal from alcohol. After the body is clean of alcohol, the alcoholic enters a counseling program. The goal of counseling is to help the alcoholic face emotional issues that lead to drinking and to learn ways to stop drinking. Medications may be given to curb a physical craving for alcohol.

Treatment programs can last from a few weeks to years. Places for treatment include hospitals, live-in treatment centers, clinics, and counseling offices.

So to my fellow alcoholics......LET's DRINK TO THAT!!!!! isang tagay sa tagumpay mga dude!!!!
posted by bleakmind at 7:32 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home